Thursday October 4 to Monday October 8, 2018
All-inclusive retreat with activities and meals $750 (save $50 when paying with check)
Space is limited to 10 participants to ensure plenty of one-on-one time.
Monhegan has been a creative place, inspiring numerous artists since the mid-19th century.
Some who found inspiration on the island were George Bellows, Edward Hopper, Rockwell Kent, and the Wyeth Family. Come experience this magical island, create, eat, and share with other artists. There will be art demonstrations and presentations, yoga, nutritious food, walks/hikes, and more!! Offered by Tara Hire, a certified Yoga instructor and nutrition counselor.
This retreat is specifically geared to the artist newbie and those wanting to get back to their creative roots.
Each person is creative, this retreat provides ample space to feed your creative spirit and the skills and direction to take your creativity and make art.
Joan Brady, artist and educator will lead you on your journey to creative expression. Joan will provide skills, materials, and direction, as well as the freedom to connect to your creative spirit.
- Mornings include yoga and inspiration, geared to connecting with your creative spirit.
- Joan will lead the group in a creative activity daily.
- Participants have all afternoon to explore and create art at their own pace.
Monhegan Wellness offers:
- Tara Hire is a certified Self-Awakening Yoga instructor. Her yoga sessions focus on poses, breath work, and meditation that bring your focus inward. Release your inhibitions and allow your full creativity to flow.
- No experience necessary for this gentle yoga style.
- All meals and snacks included: Balanced meals to keep your body in harmony so that your focus can be on your art, Tara Hire cooks up nutritious, delicious meals from local in season ingredients.
- Continental Breakfast available at your leisure. Sleep late or get up early, you can grab and go, or sit and enjoy the view
- Lunch available from 12:00 pm-1:30 pm
- Dinner served family style at the cottage 6:30 pm. Flavorful, nutritious meals from seasonal, local sources will be served up each night. (dietary restrictions can be honored, please inform us in advance)
- Snacks of fruit, nuts, coffee and tea available throughout the day
6:30-8:30 am Continental Breakfast
7:00 am Yoga/Meditation
10:00 am Organized Activity/Inspiration
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm Lunch
Creative time: explore and create all afternoon
6:30 pm Dinner
Level: Everyone is invited; no yoga or art experience necessary
Cost: All-inclusive $750 (save $50 when paying with check)
Cost: $625 if you choose to lodge elsewhere (save $50 when paying with check)
Mail checks to Monhegan Wellness PO Box 327 Monhegan, ME 04852
Full refund if space is filled only
- Round-trip ferry ticket and parking for 3 days
- 3 dinners, 4 lunches, 3 breakfasts, and snacks cooked by your personal chef, Tara Hire
- 4 yoga sessions
- 3 art workshops with Joan Brady
- Thai Bodywork with Tara Hire
Questions: please contact Tara Hire 207-594-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Sign up here online or mail a check to PO Box 327 Monhegan, ME 04852
*Full refund if space is filled only.
The house is on the shore line just north of the dock, between the
Steiner cottage and the twin Jenny cottages. There is a path from the
dock, on the left as you start up the hill. The main house path is a
left from the road between the Island Inn and the Lupine Gallery.
The house has 5 bedrooms and three bathrooms, and sleeps around 12
people. The large living room contains many interesting features,
including window seats, two operating port holes, and a dutch main door.
Over the large granite fireplace is a striking bas relief of Captain
John Smith approaching the Island in 1614.
The two front porches overlook the stretch of water between Manana and
Nigh Duck Rock, with sunsets over the distant mainland. The rocks below
the north porch are often used for swimming.
The house has electricity, gas stove, refrigerator and hot water.
Heaters in the kitchen, living room, and one bedroom, make it relatively
comfortable in the 'off season'.
How to get to Monhegan Island:
Monhegan Boat Line out of Port Clyde
Hardy Boat out of New Harbor
Balmy Days out of Boothbay Harbor
Art and Yoga supplies are provided.