Reserve your space by choosing 'deposit' below or send $350 to
Monhegan Wellness PO Box 327 Monhegan, ME 04852
September 12-16, 2018
All-inclusive retreat with activities and meals runs from September 12-16 $700
Monhegan has been a creative place, inspiring numerous artists since the mid-19th century.
Some who found inspiration on the island were George Bellows, Edward Hopper, Rockwell Kent, and the Wyeth Family. Come experience this magical island, create, eat, and share with other artists. There will be art demonstrations and presentations, yoga, critiques, amazing nutritious food, walks/hikes, and more!! Offered by Tara Hire, a certified Yoga instructor and nutrition counselor.
This retreat is for artists of all mediums.
This all-inclusive art and yoga retreat is set on beautiful Monhegan Island. There are endless opportunities to create your art and beautiful compositions wherever you look.
Artists will be inspired not only by the land- and sea-scapes but also by the artists who live and work on Monhegan Island. The island is home to several year-round and seasonal artists whom work in a variety of mediums, including oil painting, poetry, photography, woodwork, and rope work.
- Each morning the group will visit a different artist, see their work, and hear about how Monhegan inspires them; hands-on demonstrations with some of the artists.
- Personal Tour of Monhegan art and history museum by Tara Hire
- Mornings include yoga and inspiration.
- Artists have all afternoon to explore and create art at their own pace.
- Aid will be provided in choosing the perfect spot to paint and in getting materials to hard to reach areas.
Monhegan Wellness offers:
- Tara Hire is a certified Self-Awakening Yoga instructor. Her yoga sessions focus on poses, breath work, and meditation that bring your focus inward. Release your inhibitions and allow your full creativity to flow.
- No experience necessary for this gentle yoga style.
- All meals and snacks included: Balanced meals to keep your body in harmony so that your focus can be on your art, Tara Hire cooks up nutritious, delicious meals from local in season ingredients.
- Continental Breakfast available at your leisure. Sleep late or get up early, you can grab and go, or sit and enjoy the view
- Hot lunch available from 12:00 pm-1:30 pm or arrange for a brown bag lunch to take out
- Dinner served family style at the cottage 6:30 pm. Flavorful, nutritious meals from seasonal, local sources will be served up each night. (dietary restrictions can be honored, please inform us in advance)
- Snacks of fruit, nuts, coffee and tea available throughout the day
6:30-8:30 am Continental Breakfast
7:00 am Yoga/Meditation
10:00 am Organized Activity/Inspiration
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm Lunch
Creative time: explore and create all afternoon
6:30 pm Dinner
7:30 pm Critique
Cocktail Late Night Snack
Level: Everyone is invited; no yoga experience necessary
Cost: All-inclusive $700
Full refund if space is filled only
- Round-trip ferry ticket and parking for 3 days
- 3 dinners, 4 lunches, 3 breakfasts, and snacks cooked by your personal chef, Tara Hire
- 4 yoga sessions
- Personal tour of Monhegan art and history museum
- 3 demonstrations or presentations with local artists
- Thai Bodywork with Tara Hire
Questions: please contact Tara Hire 207-594-0707 or email@example.com
Registration: Sign up here online or mail a check to PO Box 327 Monhegan, ME 04852
*Full refund if space is filled only.
Eider Duck Cottage
Eider Duck Cottage your retreat home is centrally located on Fish Beach. Close to all the village has to offer and views that can't be beat.
How to get to Monhegan Island:
Monhegan Boat Line out of Port Clyde
Hardy Boat out of New Harbor
Balmy Days out of Boothbay Harbor
You won't need to bring any supplies for yoga, mats will be provided.
Art supplies are up to you, bring what you need.
Lupine Gallery has a limited selection of supplies.