1. Do’s and Don’ts for Healthy Holiday Eating
- Do plan for one big indulgent event. Look at your social calendar and choose one event where you are going to go hog wild, no judgement, no regrets.
- Don’t eat everything. Be discriminating: Think about your favorite foods during the holiday, eat that but NOT every thing.
- Do eat foods that look really appealing or satisfying. Choose a small portion of decadent puff pastry, perfectly seared tenderloin, or creamy crab dip
- Don’t eat mindlessly. Choose what will be most rewarding to you.
- Do eat the good for you foods first. Eat from the veggie tray first, if the party is potluck be sure to bring a veggie tray with all of your favorite things to the party.
2. Drink plenty of water:
- poor food choices
- cravings for caffeine
- cravings for sugar
- thinking your hungry when you are thirsty
Keep water with you all of the time and drink continuously throughout the day.
3. Take Small portions:
Want to try everything on the buffet? Try this strategy:
- take a quarter size portion of each item
- taste it
- savor it
- move on
Often the first few bites of anything you are eating are the most delicious. So keep it fresh and appealing by taking small portions.
4. Talk more than you eat and drink:
The holidays are about gathering together with friends and family first, and the food is a very close second.
At a social function:
- spend the majority of your time talking with other guests
- stand away from the food table
- set your plate down while you talk
- at a sit down dinner
- put your fork down between bites
- truly engage with the person next to you in conversation
5. Low carb appetizers:
Holiday appetizers are some of the highest calorie foods. Appetizers include high calorie chips, crackers, and bread as the vehicle for spreads, dips, and cheese.
Replace with a lower carb alternative:
- cucumber slices
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- pear slices
- apple slices
- lettuce leaves
- endive leaves
I can support you as you make your lifestyle change this holiday season, call to set up a free initial consultation today 207-594-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t have time during the busy holiday season?
Starting in January, I have a 6 session online course that will help you lose the extra weight once and for all. Excess weight is the number one association for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, memory loss, and a host of other problems. Make this year, YOUR year. Take back your body and your life so that you can live the long Happy, Healthy Life you deserve.
Free informational session January 10, 2016 from 2-3:30 pm. Tune in by following this link: anymeeting.com/543-882-842
Do you know you are ready to take back your body and live the happy, healthy life you deserve? Register for the 6 session online course here: Yoga For Balanced Eating
Questions? Contact US