1/2 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 medium red peppers, cut into thick strips
1-2 bunches arugula, well washed
2 teaspoons kuzu
2 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons rice or cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
- Stir-fry beef in pan with 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Remove beef with tongs or fork, allowing excess oil to drip off and set aside.
- With remaining oil, stir-fry ginger and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes and then add bell peppers. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix together fresh arugula and bell pepper mixture in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine kuzu, tamari, vinegar and water.
- Place mixture into skillet and cook over medium heat until sauce starts to thicken.
- Return beef to skillet and cook for 1 minute, just enough to warm up beef.
- Add beef to serving bowl with arugula and bell peppers.
- Mix and serve warm.