1/2 onion, diced finely
1 carrot, grated
1/2 teaspoons sage or thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups lentils, cooked
1 cup millet, cooked
1/2 cup rice, soy, or wheat flour
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sauté onions, carrots and spices in oil until soft.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put lentils, millet and flour into a food processor or blender and mix for 10-20 seconds.
- If mixture is too dry add water.
- Add walnuts and egg, blending for another 10-20 seconds and mix well but not pureeing.
- Add onion and carrot mixture, blend for 10 seconds.
- Remove mixture from the blender and put into a bowl. The consistency should be thinner than cookie dough. If too dry, add a little water and if too wet, add a little flour.
- On a lightly oiled baking sheet, spoon out medium, scone-sized portions.
- Serve warm from the oven.
Scones will keep for 1-2 days in the fridge.