1 cup quinoa
21/4 cups water or stock
Pinch of salt
1 yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 pound spinach leaves
1 cup garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
Juice and zest from 2 oranges
- Wash quinoa and toast in a dry pan for a few minutes, until it smells nutty.
- Boil water and add salt and quinoa. Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions for 10 minutes on medium.
- Add cherries, spinach, garbanzo beans and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Mix quinoa together with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add orange juice and zest and stir gently.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.