Staying hydrated throughout the holidays could be the #1 way to prevent weight gain.
Holiday foods are full of fat, salt and sugar; all of which contribute to dehydration. Eat too many of these foods and you may confuse your thirst for hunger which could lead to additional overeating.
- Staying hydrated will keep you from eating when you are actually thirsty
- Staying hydrated will keep you satiated between meals, preventing the snack attack
- Drinking 1-2 glasses of water before you eat will make you feel full faster
- Water flushes fat from your body
How much water do you need?
- General Rule: 8 – 8 oz. glasses of water/day or 64 oz.
- Add 8 oz. for every 30 minutes of activity
- Use a hydration calculator: http://www.hydracoach.com/calculation/
How to incorporate water into your lifestyle:
- Keep a reusable bottle filled with water with you all of the time, drink continuously
- Drink 8-16 oz. of water before meals
- Eat soup
- Drink herbal teas
- Flavor infused waters (add a extra nutrition too)
- Sparkling water
In the New Year, sign up for my Online Course: Yoga For Balanced Eating
- lose weight
- increase energy
- prevent disease: including heart disease, diabetes and cancer