Marinade Time2 hours
1 3-pound chicken, cut into 8ths
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon mined garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
- Prick the chicken with a fork and with a knife cut slashes so the marinade can be absorbed.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin coriander, pepper and salt.
- Stir until well mixed and pour over chicken.
- Rub marinade into chicken and turn chicken several times.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook, turning once, for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with sprigs of cilantro.